Website users of today have extremely high expectations of their experience of your brand online. Content must be attractive and relevant; your website easy to find, use and navigate through. If your potential customers are not “feeling it” after a few clicks, they’ll leave and look elsewhere.
Businesses that can understand what makes their audience tick, in terms of online behaviour and preferences, can have a tremendous advantage when it comes to marketing strategies. In fact almost 90% of marketing executives acknowledge that comprehending how and why users visit and interact with a brand on various channels and devices is essential to marketing success. In other words, the more a company knows about traffic to its website and how to interpret this data, the better marketers can plan a strategy of reaching and retaining that audience.
What is Google Analytics?
Thanks to a handy tool called Google Analytics, this kind of information is not only available, but the level of understanding of website users is also constantly growing in complexity. Google Analytics is essentially a service that tracks and reports on website traffic and is now the most widely used web analytics tool on the internet.
What can Google Analytics provide you with?
While Google Analytics is luckily not a stalking gadget ? (you can’t determine exactly who is visiting your site or track their unrelated search history), there is very little that this tool cannot inform you about regarding your own website and its visitors.
For example, you can see:
- The types of site visitors you get – including their age, gender, interests, and geographic location. You can also view where your best visitors are located all across the world.
- What site visitors are searching for on your site – if you have a search box, you’ll be able to see what people are looking for on your site.
- Which online campaigns bring the most traffic and conversions – which of your marketing tactics, such as Google AdWords, social media platforms, YouTube, etc. drive traffic to your website.
- Session quality – showing which keywords lead to the most engaged users.
- What visitors are clicking on – which links and pages are the most popular and also which are your worst performing pages, possibly in need of updating.
- How visitors use your site – what page they start on, how many visit a second page etc.
- What actions people take on a certain page – for example where people watch a video or download a document.
- Whether your website is achieving your “goals” – you can choose to track up to 4 triggers (places you would like your visitors to reach or actions you would like them to complete) e.g. reaching the right product page or completing an enquiry form on the contact page.
- How many shoppers completed a sale transaction – or at what stage did customers abandon a shopping cart. (for e-commerce sites)
- Whether you need a mobile site – what devices your site visitors are using, and what percentage of your audience is accessing your website from a smartphone or tablet.
- What is happening on your site right now – a really useful feature, meaning that you can even view site traffic in “Real Time”!
It makes sense that these types of statistics can be instrumental in making future marketing decisions and adapting and customizing your content to be more engaging to users.
At Azapi we are huge fans of Google Analytics and provide our customers with a standard report containing information pertaining to their website traffic.
Which details are included in our standard report?
- Users: how many users have visited your site?
- Sessions: user interactions with your website that take place within a given time frame.
- Average Session Duration: how long they visited the site for.
- Geographical Location: where your visitors come from.
- Organic Searches: how many people came to the site organically, thus not through paid advertising.
- Devices: which devices were used to access your website to determine if you are catering for the right user (mobile / desktop / tablet).
- Search Terms: what did users search for to get to your website?
Depending on your requirements we can tailor your report to show specific information:
- Detailed Standard Features,
- Marketing Campaign Features,
- Set-up Goals or
- E-commerce features.
Contact us if you would like to chat about customizing your report to suit your requirements or if you’re an Azapi customer and would like to receive your Analytics report link.