How do you choose the right Social Media platform for your business?
You might get confused which Social Media platform you should use for your business. With a lot of Social Media networks to choose from out there, you can narrow it down to the most popular and most widely used platforms that will work for you and your business.
Narrowing Down Your Choices…
First of all – there are way too many Social Media networking sites and it is impossible to have a presence on all of them. It is more advantageous to spend your time better focusing on the sites that get the most traffic.
The next question is… which Social Media site is for you? According to statistics – the top Social Media platforms are Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram and Pinterest.
Determine What Channels Your Audience Is Already Using.
The trick to choosing the right Social Media platform for your business is all about confirming the goals you want to achieve through Social Media marketing and choosing a platform that matches with the type of content you create.
Which Social Media Platform is for you?
Are you in the B2B or B2C space? What are your target demographics?
The breakdown below will help you decide…
- The largest platform, with over 2 billion monthly active users.
- Facebook is good for lead generation.
- Facebook’s advertising platform can be highly customized to target very specific audiences. With its great “Facebook for Business” platform and analytics, you are able to track your success and engage with a massive audience.
- It is a good Social Media platform for building relationships, showing the human side of your business, and turning leads into loyal followers and customers.
- Different content types are appropriate for Facebook. The key is content that shows a different side of your company. Facebook (and Twitter) are both excellent for reaching large numbers of people.
- Demographics: Users between the age of 18 – 55+.
- Twitter is a constant flow of content.
- The type of content that works best on this platform is easily digestible textual content, such as different articles, news and quotations.
- Text-based content performs the best on this Social Media platform.
- Demographics: Most Twitter users are under the age of 50.
- Most suitable for companies operating in the B2B space.
- Good representation of your personal brand – especially if your goal is lead generation.
- Ideal Social Media platform for editorial content and it can help you establish your company as a trusted leader in your field.
- Building authority for your brand, and engage leads through conversations.
- Add value to your connections through sharing great content that you create and discover.
- Grow your network.
- Demographics: It is different than other sites because there are more users between the ages of 30 to 49 than there are users under 30.
- Mainly mobile photo sharing network Social Media platform
- Gaining a strong network on Instagram is entirely based on visual presentation.
- Engaging, and eye-capturing videos and images are a must – the more likely people will be to follow your account.
- Demographics: 59% of Instagram users are between the ages of 18 and 29 and 33% are between the ages of 30 and 49. 68% of its users are female.
- If you are in the B2C space, you should give Pinterest a try!
- Images are the name of the game and this Social Media platform is great if you’re looking to drive sales.
- It’s a graphics-heavy platform. Pinterest lends itself to décor, food, art, fashion, wedding, travel, and other businesses that can leverage topics that produce beautiful and stunning photographs.
- Demographics: There are far more women on Pinterest than there are men.
Let us know how we can help you!
We are here to assist you with great Social Media strategy and content.