Emails have become an essential part of our everyday communication. Did you know that 269 billion emails are sent daily? That is more than 3.1 million emails per second with the average person receiving about 120 per day.
Staggering? Yes indeed.
Choosing the right email protocol for your needs, will make your daily life much easier and help you to manage that inbox.
POP | IMAP | G Suite | MS Exchange
The original email protocol – short for Post Office Protocol. Basically a means to download emails from a remote server locally to your computer.
Who should use POP?
• You want to access your mail from only one single device.
• You need constant access to your email, regardless of internet availability.
• You have limited server storage and want to save space.
• You would like to consolidate multiple email accounts and servers into one inbox.
Short for Internet Message Access Protocol. Developed to allow remote access to email on a remote server. A sort of cloud storage that allows you to synchronise your emails among multiple devices.
Who should use IMAP?
• You want to access your email from different devices and locations.
• You have a reliable and constant internet connection.
• You want to receive a quick overview of new emails or emails on the server.
• Your local storage space is limited and you want to save space.
• You are worried about backing up your emails.
Most individuals will have either an IMAP or POP protocol email setup. However in an organisation where you have to collaborate often and with ease between your colleagues you might want to opt for G Suite or MS Exchange.
Who should use G Suite?
This is a Google product and much more than just an email. The package includes email, calendar, online storage, documents, sheets and more.
• You need an option that increases collaboration and productivity among your team and is available from any device at any time.
• You want as little hassle as possible, easy IT administration and automatic updates to software and security.
• You want to keep all your company data safe and protected even in the event of lost or stolen devices and employee turnover.
• You would like your staff to easily open and edit common file formats like Microsoft® Word, Excel, and Powerpoint and also export and share files with people who don’t use G Suite.
A Microsoft protocol, Exchange offers the same convenient sync functionality as IMAP, but also gives you the power to sync tasks, contacts and calendars with your co-workers and then view them from any device.
This is a good solution for organisations that often work remotely and rely heavily on collaboration. This protocol works best with Microsoft products.
Who should use MS Exchange?
• You are an organisation that often works remotely and relies heavily on collaboration – across the hall or around the world, using shared calendars, global address lists, and tasks.
• You would like an option that works best with Microsoft products and with Outlook® on various devices including mobile.
• You need advanced security for all your email transmissions and for sensitive mail.
• You would like an option which integrates with Skype for Business.
How can we help you?
Azapi offers three email solutions:
Business Email: POP and IMAP
• 25Gig mailbox
• Cloud email solution, available anytime and anywhere
• Anti-virus and Malware protection
• Spam filtering
• Go to Business Email and order your mail boxes.
As a Certified Google Partner, Azapi can sell and support the G Suite package.
• 30Gig – 1TB mailboxes
• Set up as POP or IMAP, available online
• Access to the suite of products available with G Suite
• Contact us for more information.
Hosted Exchange: (MS Exchange)
• 25GB – 100GB Storage
• designed to work with Outlook®
• Improved security (fully managed data centres, three Anti-Spam and Anti-Virus scans and SSL encryption)
• Integration with Skype for Business
• Contact us for more information.