Our Typical Website Design & Development Process:
- You will be sent a “Design Brief” document to complete and return to us.
- You will meet with a project manager to discuss your requirements within the package you choose. Start date will be set for project.
Strategy (only if applicable)
- You will need to complete a questionnaire about your target market, your marketing and business goals. You will meet with an account manager to discuss your feed.
- We will create an Online Communication Strategy document which will review your business, core clients, marketing messages, proposed website structure and general content plan over multiple channels to communicate with you target audiences.
- Typically, within 3 weeks we will setup a feedback meeting to showcase the online strategy and talk through it. Changes are made and signed-off to kick start the next phase.
- You must supply all graphics, logos, images, brochures, brand documents and photographs to the designer.
- Within 2 weeks, you will be supplied with JPEG mockups of the homepage and 1 other page within the new website. Mock-ups are provided to give you a visual idea of how the new website will look like as regards to use of colour, branding, layout, navigation and the general flow of content.
- You may request changes or updates to the design. It will be sent back to you for approval as soon as possible. Included in this quote you are allowed up to 2hrs of design changes. Any changes after that will be billed at our standard hourly rate. Once the design has been approved it will be handed over to the development team.
- Basic Content Management is setup and configured.
- Design Templates are coded into the system. Customization is done based on your requirements.
- All pages are created and filled with “body copy / dummy text” and images.
- 40% invoice sent to client.
- Content / Images are requested from client and loaded in to the system. Please supply finished, ready to publish content.
- We normally allow about 20mins per page. Additional charges will apply if more time is spent on client change requests. If required: Stock images are sourced based on client feedback after cost has been approved.
- Review of website with client on development website.
- Content changes are implemented. (2 runs of updates are allowed, more update will be charge at our standard content rate)
- Basic Search Engine Optimization is done on all pages
- All pages are checked.
- All website functionalities are checked.
- Website is prepped to “go-live”. Please note the development website will go “off line” till the “go-process” has been completed.
- If required: Domain transfers are submitted. .CO.ZA domains have a 24hr delay, once approved it can take up to 48hrs for the new website to “go live”. .COM domains can take up to 10 days to transfer and once transferred up to 48hrs to “go live”.
- If required: Email accounts are setup and instructions are sent to the client on how to setup mail clients. Final meeting to get feedback and plan next steps. Online Marketing?
Setup meeting to provide Content Management System Training (4hrs spread over a longer period as required). Provide support where needed.